Paula Brunoro-Borokhov is the principal attorney of Brunoro Law, APC. Paula’s practice is focused on assisting businesses and individuals with business and tax related matters, where her diverse background, strong analytical and communication skills come into play. She has vast experience assisting domestic clients in all sorts of tax controversy matters and tax planning for individuals and families. She also performs a role of a general counsel, where she assists clients with the most various and complex business and corporate issues. Paula also handles international business and tax matters, such as tax planning for multinational families and business, international tax audits, offshore voluntary disclosures, cross border transactions, transfer pricing, tax treaties and foreign tax credit. She also provides guidance and representation to clients in Brazil, Mexico and other Latin American countries and assists American clients with assets or business relations in those countries.
Prior to founding Brunoro Law, Paula was a Senior Associate Attorney at RJS Law, where she assisted clients not only with tax controversy and litigation, but also with international tax planning, offshore disclosures and other business related matters. Her experience also includes working for an international business law firm, where she assisted with formation of business entities, international tax planning, and purchase of international real estate within US, Mexico, and South America regarding development of renewable energy projects. She also helped preparing cross-border contracts, corporate documents and documentation for renewable energy projects.
- United States Tax Court
- American Bar Association
- San Diego County Bar Association Business Law Section, International Law Section &Taxation Law Section
- Lawyer’s Club of San Diego
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- California Bar Association
- New York University School of Law, E-LL.M in Taxation (2016)
- University of San Diego School of Law, LL.M in Business and Corporate Law, Cum Laude (2012)
- Faculdade de Direito de Vitória, Bacharel em Direito (LL.B), Summa Cum Laude (2009)
Honors & Activities
- 2017 San Diego Rising Stars – Super Lawyers
- Best of the Bar 2016 – San Diego Business Journal
- Secretary, San Diego County Bar Association – Young Tax Lawyers Division
- Top Young Attorney — San Diego Daily Transcript 2014